Sick Beard is a PVR for newsgroup users (with limited torrent support). It watches for new episodes of your favorite shows and when they are posted it downloads them, sorts and renames them, and optionally generates metadata for them. It currently supports NZBs.org, NZBMatrix, NZBs’R’Us, Bin-Req.com, Womble’s Index, any newznab provider, and EZTV.it and retrieves show information from theTVDB.com and TVRage.com.
- automatically retrieves new episode torrent or nzb files
- can scan your existing library and then download any old seasons or episodes you’re missing
- can watch for better versions and upgrade your existing episodes (to from TV DVD/BluRay for example)
- XBMC library updates, poster/fanart downloads, and NFO/TBN generation
- configurable episode renaming
- sends NZBs directly to SABnzbd, prioritizes and categorizes them properly
- available for any platform, uses simple HTTP interface
- can notify XBMC, Growl, or Twitter when new episodes are downloaded
- specials and double episode support
The program is currently in alpha – any new update might break existing functionality. Use at your own risk!
Sick Beard makes use of the following projects:
Sick Beard should run on any version of Windows and any other OS with Python 2.5+ and Cheetah 2.0.1+ installed. Compiled Win32 builds are posted in the Downloads section, or to run from source you’ll need to clone the source from github.
Bugs can be submitted to the Issues page – please include the traceback, .log file + approx. time the error occurred, and as much info about what you were doing when you encountered the error as possible.